- WA Volunteering Strategy Action Plan 2023-2026 (Action Plan) launched to enrich volunteer experiences and strengthen the next generation of volunteers
- The Action Plan highlights a State-wide commitment to supporting volunteers and organisations
- The Action Plan will support Western Australia to maintain a strong volunteering culture
Volunteering Minister Stephen Dawson has today launched the WA Volunteering Strategy Action Plan 2023-2026.
The Action Plan highlights the McGowan Government's commitment to supporting and encouraging volunteering in Western Australia.
Developed to support the WA Volunteering Strategy which was launched in 2017, the Action Plan is a response to the changing needs of volunteers. This includes the unforeseen challenges of natural disasters and the ongoing impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Action Plan focuses on delivering initiatives over the next three years to meet six key outcomes:
- the volunteering sector can recognise and respond to the changing needs of volunteers;
- more Western Australians, from all backgrounds, are engaged in volunteering and enriched by the experience;
- the volunteering sector harnesses technological innovation to facilitate participation;
- communities and organisations can involve volunteers effectively for their mutual benefit;
- volunteers are recognised and celebrated; and
- volunteering is recognised and valued for the contribution it makes to our communities.
Twenty-five activities, a mix of strategic initiatives and on-ground projects, will see a State-wide, whole-of-government approach to supporting, recognising and promoting volunteering across WA.
Volunteers play a significant role by building community capacity and increasing self-sufficiency and inclusiveness through active social and civic participation.
The McGowan Government aims to encourage future opportunities to collaborate and innovate on volunteering activities across WA.
For more information: https://www.wa.gov.au/government/publications/wa-volunteering-strategy-and-wa-government-action-plan
Comments attributed to Volunteering Minister Stephen Dawson:
"The McGowan Government will ensure that volunteering is promoted, supported and valued by the Western Australian community through the WA Volunteering Strategy Action Plan 2023-2026.
"This Action Plan outlines a number of initiatives over the next three years that will help volunteers and volunteer organisations, so the sector can continue to grow and thrive.
"The value volunteers bring to Western Australia cannot be overstated and the McGowan Government is committed to supporting the sector."
Minister's office - 6552 5800