- Premier's ANZAC Student Tour participants announced for 2023
- Group of 10 students will commemorate the service of ANZAC men and women in Sydney and New Zealand
Students from schools across Western Australia will share in memorable history lessons and commemorate the service of ANZAC men and women as part of the 2023 Premier's ANZAC Student Tour.
Premier Mark McGowan and Education and Training Minister Sue Ellery today announced that the students from 10 different schools have been selected to participate in the tour and will travel to Sydney and New Zealand.
Accompanied by three teachers, the group of students will depart for the 10-day tour on 16 April.
The unique 2023 program gives students an opportunity to investigate the ANZAC legacy and commemorate the men and women who served in the armed forces, and the 78th anniversary of the end of World War II.
The Premier's ANZAC Student Tour is an annual competition open for all WA students in Years 8 to 11. Since 2004, a total of 246 secondary students have taken part.
This year's participants were selected based on their response to the question: 'In what way might efforts on the home front be seen as important as battles fought overseas?'
The 2023 Premier's ANZAC Student Tour participants include:
- Year 8 Elizaveta Fedotova from Bob Hawke College;
- Year 8 Adoley Mensah from Wyndham District High School;
- Year 9 Poppy Fletcher from Mount Lawley Senior High School;
- Year 9 Joshua Patrick from Northam Senior High School;
- Year 10 Harry Forman from Katanning Senior High School;
- Year 10 Georgia Kikiros from St Andrew's Grammar;
- Year 10 Zoe Stockdale from Kalgoorlie-Boulder Community High School;
- Year 10 Lila Wenzel from Albany Senior High School;
- Year 11 Rishita Sarkar from Perth Modern School; and
- Year 11 Ebony Whitney from Collie Senior High School.
More information about the Premier's ANZAC Student Tour is available at https://www.education.wa.edu.au/premiers-ANZAC-student-tour.
Comments attributed to Education and Training Minister Sue Ellery:
"The Premier's ANZAC Student Tour offers a unique opportunity for Western Australian students to commemorate and learn about the service of ANZAC men and women.
"Each year it's great to see that more WA students are interested in exploring Australia's military history.
"The 10 students participating in the 2023 tour will learn a lot from this experience, and be able to share the significant knowledge they gain with others at their school and in the wider community."
Minister's office - 6552 5700