- 2022 winners of Department of Finance Supplier Performance Awards announced
- Balcatta-based contractor PS Structures wins best overall contractor
- Port Hedland-based business Pilbara Constructions takes out best regional contractor
- Awards acknowledge exceptional service and value on non-residential government building projects
Exceptional local building contractors have been recognised at the annual Department of Finance Supplier Performance Awards.
The awards recognise local suppliers and contractors who consistently deliver great project outcomes for the Western Australian Government on non-residential projects.
Finance Minister Tony Buti praised the outstanding contributions made by businesses and individuals to deliver successful project outcomes for Western Australians.
Colab Construction, based in Centennial Park, received this year's award for Best Aboriginal Contractor, recognising its outstanding work on the Albany Department of Transport office fit-out, Albany Police Complex and the Katanning Research Station.
Other winners across the six categories included:
- Best Contractor: PS Structures (Balcatta)
- Best Regional Contractor: Pilbara Constructions (Port Hedland)
- Best Consultant: TAG The Architecture Group (Perth)
- Best Cost Manager: Rider Levett Bucknall
- Best Project: Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development (DPIRD) Laboratories
- Contractor: ADCO Constructions
- Consultant: Silver Thomas Hanley
- Cost Manager: RBB
- Project Manager: Kevin Truscott
- Project Director: Gary Dixon
To be eligible for an award, pre-qualified contractors and consultants are assessed against performance reports and must not have received any demerits under the department's Supplier Demerit Scheme or any other recognised regulatory or statutory body in the past two years.
Comments attributed to Finance Minister Tony Buti:
"I congratulate all the 2022 Supplier Performance Awards winners and thank them for providing exceptional service and value to the WA Government and community.
"The Department of Finance Supplier Performance Awards demonstrate the WA Government's commitment to identifying and acknowledging local suppliers and contractors who consistently deliver great project outcomes for our State.
"All of the award recipients have demonstrated a high level of professionalism, collaboration and experience when working with other stakeholders, resulting in positive performance reports and outcomes.
"The projects delivered by these award winners were part of the $230 million worth of non-residential infrastructure projects delivered by the department across the State in the 2021-22 financial year.
"Projects included the delivery of new primary and secondary schools, upgrades to TAFE facilities plus upgrades to health facilities and emergency services facilities, all of which deliver tangible and positive outcomes to the communities they are in."
Minister's office - 6552 6400