- WA community invited to nominate outstanding older Western Australians, advocates, businesses and local governments for awards
- Nominations open now until September 9, 2022
- 2022 WA Seniors Awards presented during WA Seniors Week, from November 6 to 13
Nominations are now open for the prestigious 2022 WA Seniors Awards.
The annual awards recognise and celebrate the State's most remarkable seniors, as well as acknowledging organisations and individuals working to improve the lives of older Western Australians.
Nominations are invited for awards in a number of categories:
- WA Senior of the Year - Metropolitan;
- WA Senior of the Year - Regional;
- WA Seniors Advocate of the Year;
- WA Age Friendly Business Award; and the
- WA Age Friendly Local Government award.
The WA Seniors Awards are presented by the Council on the Ageing WA, in partnership with the State Government. Award winners will be announced during 2022 Seniors Week, which will run from November 6 to 13.
Entries can be lodged by members of the general public, or by organisations - with nominations closing on September 9.
For more information - and to nominate an outstanding senior, advocate, business or local government, visit https://www.cotawa.org.au
Comments attributed to Seniors and Ageing Minister Don Punch:
"The WA Seniors Awards recognise the outstanding contributions made by older Western Australians, advocates, organisations and local governments, who contribute to an age-friendly Western Australia.
"There are many seniors doing great things around the State, and they are complemented by local governments and businesses that set a positive example - by having a dedicated approach to welcoming, and engaging older Western Australians.
"The WA Seniors Awards also recognise the valuable work of individuals who work or volunteer with our seniors - to ensure they enjoy the best of life and their community."
Minister's office - 6522 6900