- Organisations are invited to apply for funding under the McGowan Government's Seniors Week Community Grants Program
- Grant funds of between $1,000 and $3,000 available to meet event-related costs
- Seniors Week 2022 will run between November 6 to 13
State Government grant funding totalling $40,000 is being made available to local governments, registered not-for-profit organisations and community groups across Western Australia to celebrate Seniors Week 2022.
Seniors Week acknowledges the role of seniors in our communities, promotes positive ageing and encourages participation in community life, particularly for isolated individuals.
Seniors Week 2022 will run between November 6 to 13, with events and activities held across WA.
Community-level organisations and local governments in the metropolitan, regional and remote areas of WA are being invited to apply for grant funding to stage events and activities during this year's Seniors Week.
The Seniors Week Community Grants Program assists with the costs of hosting local events, with a focus on events that:
- recognise and thank seniors for their contribution to the community;
- promote intergenerational activities linking seniors to the community;
- facilitate artistic, cultural and celebratory expression within the community; and/or
- engage seniors in a variety of activities and initiatives that encourage active ageing.
Grant funds of $1,000 (or up to $3,000 for a consortium) can be used to meet event-related costs such as advertising and promotion, catering, venue and equipment hire and transport.
There will also be an emphasis on support for people who experience disadvantage or isolation to attend events and activities during Seniors Week.
The Seniors Week Community Grants Program is funded by the Department of Communities and managed by the Council on the Ageing WA (COTA WA) on behalf of the McGowan Government.
Applications for grants funding can be made to COTA WA online at www.cotawa.org.au or by phone on (08) 9472 0104.
Comments attributed to Seniors and Ageing Minister Don Punch:
"Seniors Week is always a high point in the annual calendar for seniors in WA and the McGowan Government's Seniors Week Community Grants Program provides financial assistance to organisations to host exciting events and activities throughout the week.
"The grants provided are intended to celebrate the role of seniors in our communities and encourage participation in community life, particularly for isolated individuals.
"The grants provide community groups across Western Australia the opportunity to design, plan, implement and evaluate place-based activities that connect seniors with their community."
Minister's office - 6552 6900