- Early bird tickets now available for Net Zero Emission Mining WA Conference 2022
- Industry will meet to showcase decarbonisation in action and discuss new innovations
- Keynote presentations by climate scientist Bill Hare and economist Ross Garnaut
Western Australia's mining industry will return to Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre in September for the Minerals Research Institute of WA's second Net Zero Emission Mining WA conference.
With significant critical minerals resources and investment growing, WA is well-placed to capitalise on the global energy transition by supplying low carbon products to markets around the world.
Last year, more than 150 delegates met at the inaugural event to hear learnings from first movers on implementing renewable energy and investing in lower carbon opportunities in mining and processing operations.
On September 1-2, 2022, speakers from industry, mining equipment technology and services companies, research groups and government will continue the discussion.
Experienced climate scientist Bill Hare and respected economist Ross Garnaut will deliver keynote presentations.
The McGowan Government is supporting decarbonisation in the sector through:
- an additional $6 million funding for research and development in critical minerals, precision and low impact mining and the uptake of clean energy technologies;
- developing its Sectoral Emissions Reduction Strategies; and
- developing its Energy Industry Development team.
For more information on the conference and tickets, visit https://www.mriwa.wa.gov.au/news-and-events/net-zero-emission-mining-wa-conference2022/conference-program-2022/
Comments attributed to Mines and Petroleum Minister Bill Johnston:
"Western Australia's mining, equipment and technology services sector is world-class.
"The global energy transition offers further opportunity for Western Australia to enhance its international offerings, supplying raw materials for clean energy technologies and growing new markets in downstream processing and green steel.
"As industry continues to embrace innovation, this conference shines a spotlight on Western Australia as an ideal partner for mining in a net zero emission future."
Minister's office - 6552 6700