- Collie Health Service's $14.7 million redevelopment progresses with local builder Perkins (WA) Pty Ltd awarded main works tender
- The multi-million-dollar revamp will upgrade the operating theatre complex
- This comes after practical completion of preliminary works was achieved in 2021
- Completion of the entire redevelopment is expected late 2023
Collie Health Service is another step closer to state-of-the-art upgrades with local builder Perkins (WA) Pty Ltd awarded the tender for construction works.
Preliminary works were completed in 2021, which saw a large existing area converted into four purpose-built modern rooms for the provision of outpatient services including podiatry, social work and dietetics.
These works also paved the way for the main works to begin which will see a complete upgrade of the operating theatre complex, which includes:
- operating theatre;
- waiting room;
- consult room;
- telehealth room; and
- patient recovery bays.
To meet contemporary functional and design standards, other critical infrastructure works will also be undertaken as part of this project, including:
- upgrades to heating, ventilation and air-conditioning systems;
- replacement of potable and non-potable hot water systems;
- upgrade to electrical systems; and
- improved lighting in the public car park.
The $14.7 million redevelopment is on track for completion in late 2023.
Comments attributed to Health Minister Amber-Jade Sanderson:
"I am pleased Collie Health Service's main works tender has been awarded to a local company that knows the South-West, having a head office in Bunbury.
"This tender being awarded is great progress for the redevelopment, bringing Collie locals and visitors alike closer to a more modern and fit-for-purpose health service.
"This $14.7 million redevelopment is a key part of the McGowan Government's commitment to providing country people with quality health care close to home."
Comments attributed to Collie-Preston MLA Jodie Hanns:
"This investment in Collie will benefit both patients and staff, and create local jobs.
"I am eager to see the upgrades to the operating theatre complex and for the community to reap the benefits of the completed redevelopment toward the end of next year."
Minister's office - 6552 5900