- Up to $10 million available over two years through Research Excellence Awards 2022
- Research Excellence Awards 2022 funded by the Future Health Research and Innovation Fund
- Submissions close March 14, 2022
Western Australia's highest-performing researchers are encouraged to apply for funding to help drive health and medical research, innovation and commercialisation.
Up to $10 million is available over two years as part of the Research Excellence Awards 2022, an initiative funded by the McGowan Government's Future Health Research and Innovation Fund.
Successful applicants will be able to apply the funding strategically to research opportunities to drive outcomes such as:
- improving the efficiency and effectiveness of research;
- improving commercialisation of research;
- increasing stability for research staff; and
- increasing the success rates of competitive funding applications.
The program supports excellence across career stages, with the grants awarded through two streams - early and mid-career researchers and established researchers. Up to 30 researchers will be selected in each stream.
For further information and to apply for the Research Excellence Awards 2022, visit Future Health Research and Innovation Fund - Research Excellence Awards 2022.
Applications close at 1pm, Monday March 14, 2022.
Comments attributed to Medical Research Minister Stephen Dawson:
"The McGowan Government is committed to supporting researchers to realise their full potential, enabling them to find new ways to cure diseases and to keep Western Australians healthy.
"I'm excited to see the potential that will be unlocked by the funding granted through the Research Excellence Awards.
"By investing in the Future Health Research and Innovation Fund, the State Government is able to create jobs and improve the sustainability of the health system, and in doing so, position Western Australia as a leader in research and innovation."
Minister's office - 6552 5800