- $232,000 awarded in 2021-22 round of Every Club grant scheme
- Funding supports sport and recreation clubs to build their organisational capacity and capability of governance, planning and management practices
More than $200,000 has been awarded to local governments to better support their sporting and recreation clubs meet the needs of local communities.
The funding, distributed through the Every Club grant scheme, will:
- provide education, training and professional development opportunities;
- support governance, planning and management practices; and
- facilitate partnerships between local governments, sporting associations and clubs.
One of the successful recipients, the Shire of East Pilbara, will receive $40,000 to support their 43 sporting clubs and associations face the challenges of operating in a remote location, and with a transient population of a predominantly mining workforce.
Other recipients include the:
- City of Armadale ($21,000) for club development initiatives that address the needs of local sport and recreation clubs;
- Shire of Ashburton ($30,000) to support their 157 sporting organisations;
- City of Canning ($20,000) to support local volunteers through skills development opportunities;
- Shire of Morawa ($10,000) which will work with the shires of Coorow, Carnamah, Three Springs, Mingenew and Perenjori to deliver outcomes to their local sporting clubs and associations;
- City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder ($30,000) to develop greater capacity and resilience in local clubs' committees;
- City of Albany ($25,000) to develop a plan that guides tailored support to address local issues;
- City of Swan ($10,000) which will support local clubs to create strong, healthy and inclusive environments for the community;
- Shire of Northam ($21,000) to develop a strategic plan that ensures clubs are sustainable into the future; and
- Shire of Merredin ($25,000) to improve participation in local netball, basketball, football, golf, bowls, hockey and cricket clubs.
For more information on the Every Club grant scheme and the latest round of successful applications, visit https://www.dlgsc.wa.gov.au/funding/sport-and-recreation-funding/every-club-grant-scheme
Comments attributed to Sport and Recreation Minister Tony Buti:
"The Every Club grant scheme is continuing to support sport and recreation clubs across Western Australia to build their governance, planning and management practices.
"Sport and recreation clubs play a vital role bringing local communities together.
"The Every Club grant scheme will support clubs and their communities now and into the future.
"The positive outcomes of this funding will be felt long after the projects are completed."
Minister's office - 6552 6400