- $6.81 million tender awarded to Devlyn Australia Pty Ltd for construction works at Dongara Health Centre
- Upgrades include a contemporary emergency department, ambulance bay, expansion of residential aged care and telehealth services
- Redevelopment expected to reach practical completion in mid-2023
The McGowan Government has announced the $6.81 million tender for redeveloping Dongara Health Centre to be delivered by WA-based company, Devlyn Australia Pty Ltd.
The design will upgrade existing facilities and allow for improved patient flow. The redevelopment includes:
- a contemporary emergency department;
- new Emergency Telehealth Service videoconferencing facilities;
- group therapy rooms;
- multi-purpose consult rooms enabled with telehealth;
- a new ambulance bay;
- new aged care beds; and
- a new palliative care suite.
The upgrade to Dongara Health Centre will provide residents with access to modern facilities in line with the McGowan Government's commitment to revitalising ageing health services across regional Western Australia.
Dongara Health Centre will remain fully functioning throughout the course of the redevelopment with practical completion expected mid-2023.
Comments attributed to Health Minister Roger Cook:
"Today's announcement is an important step forward for the redevelopment of the Dongara Health Centre. This redevelopment has been close to the hearts of the people of Dongara and Port Denison for a number of years.
"We are committed to providing them with regular updates as the project progresses, including the tender that we have now awarded to Devlyn Australia Pty Ltd.
"Securing the WA-based company Devlyn Australia Pty Ltd for the construction works will be a boost for local jobs and local businesses.
"The revitalised Dongara Health Centre is set to provide access to technology that will play a huge role in improving patient experience and connecting patients with specialists via state-of-the-art virtual care technology.
"I'm pleased the McGowan Government is delivering on its commitment to providing modern health care to Western Australians regardless of where they live."
Minister's office - 6552 6500