- 17 State Sporting Associations receive share in more than $573,000 in State Government funding
- Funds will assist small and medium State Sporting Associations
- $40,000 for medium sized State Sporting Associations and $30,000 for small sized State Sporting Associations
Today, 17 Western Australian State Sporting Associations (SSAs) have been given a major boost, as successful applicants for round two of the 2021 Sport Development Fund.
The Sport Development Fund, administered by the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries, provides important funding for medium and smaller SSAs to help develop and grow their sports.
It offers one-off assistance of up to $40,000 for mid-sized SSAs, up to $30,000 for smaller SSAs and up to $20,000 for developing SSAs, to assist them in building membership and participation levels, and delivering new programs and services in 2021.
Following the announcement of the $1.6 million fund in November 2020, a second round was opened in March 2021 and closed on April 6, 2021.
The successful second round funding recipients are:
- Australian Bowhunters Association Inc;
- Australian Taekwondo Western Australia Inc;
- Dragon Boating WA Inc;
- Equestrian Western Australia Incorporated;
- Gaelic Athletic Association of WA Inc;
- Marching WA Inc;
- Riding for the Disabled Association of WA Inc T/A Horsepower Australia;
- Softball Western Australia Inc;
- Touch Football Australia Limited;
- West Australian Eight Ball Federation Inc;
- Western Australian Diving Association Inc;
- Western Australian Water Ski Association Inc;
- Yachting Western Australia Inc;
- Lacrosse WA Inc;
- WA Council of the Australian Power Boat Association;
- Western Australian Flying Disc Association; and
- Western Australian Clay Target Association Inc.
The Western Australia Clay Target Association applied on behalf of five ballistic SSAs to secure a full-time development officer for all their sports. As a result, 21 smaller SSAs will benefit from this program.
For more information on the program, visit http://www.dlgsc.wa.gov.au/Sport-Development-Funding-Program
Comments attributed to Sport and Recreation Minister Tony Buti:
"The McGowan Government places high importance on supporting and encouraging Western Australians to lead healthy, active lives.
"State Sporting Associations such as these who were successful in the second round of the Sport Development Fund are integral in bringing communities together and promoting healthy lifestyles.
"Congratulations to all the deserving recipients of the 2021 Sport Development Fund.
"The McGowan Government is thrilled to be able to assist these smaller sporting associations, to develop and build participation in their respective sports."
Minister's office - 6552 6400