- Regional Land Booster to gear up the Mid-West economy and support local jobs
- Discounted residential and industrial land now available through DevelopmentWA
- Land sales will drive activity for regional businesses with an expected increase in building and construction activities
- Builds on the McGowan Government's $20,000 Building Bonus grant
The McGowan Government's $116 million Regional Land Booster is set to boost the economy and jobs in the Mid-West, with 134 development-ready lots receiving a reduction in price.
The reduced DevelopmentWA lots include industrial, commercial and residential lots throughout the Mid-West region.
Lot prices for single residential lots in Kalbarri now start from $85,000, saving land buyers $14,000.
Other areas included in the Regional Land Booster within the Mid-West region include:
- Kalbarri industrial lots starting from $115,500;
- Green Head Town, with residential prices from $81,000;
- Leeman residential, with prices from $83,000; and
- Cue residential, with all lots now priced at $10,000.
Delivering more affordable land in the Mid-West region is expected to stimulate the local building and construction sector, driving business investment and creating local jobs.
The Regional Land Booster comes in addition to the State Government's $20,000 Building Bonus Grant and the Commonwealth Government's HomeBuilder grant.
Eligible land buyers will be able to take advantage of up to $69,000 in State and Commonwealth building and homeownership grants.
For more information, visit http://www.developmentwa.com.au
Comments attributed to Lands Minister Ben Wyatt:
"The Affordable Land Package will provide a major boost to the Mid-West's COVID-19 economic recovery and support regional jobs through new residential and industrial developments.
"Increased land sales will secure a pipeline of work for the region's building and construction sector, supporting regional jobs and suppliers in this difficult time.
"Eligible land buyers could save themselves an additional $69,000 on top of this package through the various Government building grants on offer, making it much more affordable than before to build a house in WA."
Comments attributed to Agricultural Region MLC Laurie Graham:
"This is a welcome announcement for the Mid-West and I thank Minister Wyatt for this investment.
"Local jobs are a priority and making land available at more affordable prices for homes and businesses creates opportunity for local builders and suppliers.
"The Mid-West is a great place to live, work and invest and I encourage everyone to look at the possibilities this announcement provides.
Minister's office - 6552 5900