- Regional Land Booster to gear up the Kimberley economy and support local jobs
- Discounted residential and industrial land now available through DevelopmentWA
- Land sales will drive activity for regional businesses with an expected increase in building and construction activities
- Builds on the McGowan Government's $20,000 Building Bonus grant
The McGowan Government's $116 million Regional Land Booster is set to boost the economy and jobs in the Kimberley, with 134 development ready lots receiving a reduction in price.
The reduced DevelopmentWA lots include industrial, commercial and residential lots throughout the Kimberley region.
Lots in the popular Broome North residential estate will now start from $165,000, a reduction of up to $39,000.
Other areas included in the Regional Land Booster within the Kimberley region include:
- Broome Road Industrial Park, with prices from $462,000;
- Coolibah residential lots in Kununurra, with prices from $130,000;
- Lakeside Park residential lots in Kununurra with prices from $113,250; and
- Weaber Plain Light industrial lots (Kununurra) with prices from $227,500.
Delivering more affordable land in the Kimberley region is expected to stimulate the local building and construction sector, driving business investment and creating local jobs.
The Regional Land Booster comes in addition to the State Government's $20,000 Building Bonus Grant and the Commonwealth Government's HomeBuilder grant.
Eligible land buyers will be able to take advantage of up to $69,000 in State and Commonwealth building and homeownership grants.
For more information, visit: http://www.developmentwa.com.au
Comments attributed to Lands Minister Ben Wyatt:
"The Affordable Land Package will provide a major boost to the Kimberley's COVID-19 economic recovery and support regional jobs through new residential and industrial developments.
"Increased land sales will secure a pipeline of work for the region's building and construction sector, supporting regional jobs and suppliers in this difficult time.
"Eligible land buyers could save themselves an additional $69,000 on top of this package through the various Government building grants on offer, making it much more affordable than before to build a house in WA."
Comments attributed to Kimberley MLA Josie Farrer:
"The Kimberley region is a great place to live, work and play.
"The McGowan Government's Regional Land Booster will support Kimberley businesses by stimulating residential and industrial construction in the region which has experienced a downturn as a result of COVID-19.
"More affordable land will also support local jobs, drive population growth and provide long-term benefits for businesses in the region."
Minister's office - 6552 5900