- Regional Land Booster to gear up the Goldfields-Esperance economy and support local jobs
- Discounted residential and industrial land now available through DevelopmentWA
- Land sales will drive activity for regional businesses with an expected increase in building and construction activities
- Builds on the McGowan Government's $20,000 Building Bonus grant
The McGowan Government's $116 million Regional Land Booster is set to boost the economy and jobs in the Goldfields-Esperance region, with 107 development-ready lots receiving a reduction in price.
The reduced DevelopmentWA lots include industrial, commercial and residential lots throughout the Goldfields-Esperance region.
Lot prices in Karlkurla Rise now start from $115,000, saving land buyers up to $25,000 and in Greenview prices start from $162,000 (saving land buyers from $8,000).
Other areas included in the Regional Land Booster within the Goldfields-Esperance region include:
- Laverton residential lots, with prices from $15,000;
- Hopetoun residential lots, with prices from $90,000 to $150,000;
- Greenview residential lots, with prices from $162,000;
- Kambalda Light Industrial, with prices from $37,400; and
- Ravensthorpe Light Industrial, with prices from $20,000.
Delivering more affordable land in the Goldfields-Esperance region is expected to stimulate the local building and construction sector, driving business investment and creating local jobs.
The Regional Land Booster comes in addition to the State Government's $20,000 Building Bonus Grant and the Commonwealth Government's HomeBuilder grant.
Eligible land buyers will be able to take advantage of up to $69,000 in State and Commonwealth building and homeownership grants.
For more information visit: http://www.developmentwa.com.au
Comments attributed to Lands Minister Ben Wyatt:
"The affordable land package will provide a major boost to the Goldfields- Esperance's COVID-19 economic recovery and support regional jobs through new residential and industrial developments.
"Increased land sales will secure a pipeline of work for the region's building and construction sector, supporting regional jobs and suppliers in this difficult time.
"Eligible land buyers could save themselves an additional $69,000 on top of this package through the various Government building grants on offer, making it much more affordable than before to build a house in WA."
Comments attributed to Mining and Pastoral Region MLC Kyle McGinn:
"This investment will have a huge impact on our community and I welcome the announcement from the Minister.
"The Greenview area near the golf course, and the Karlkurla area surrounded by perfect Goldfields bushland are both beautiful areas that have great land available for building the perfect family home.
"We have some fantastic local builders, carpenters, sparkies and plumbers who I am sure will welcome this announcement as it means a lot of upcoming work and the capacity to make some new hires to expand our local trade businesses."
Minister's office - 6552 5900