- Nominations are now open for the 2020 Infinity Awards
- Organisations and individuals encouraged to share waste reduction success stories
- New awards category introduced to recognise WA's regional waste leaders
Nominations are now being sought for the 2020 Infinity Awards which celebrate Western Australia's waste champions and recognise innovative solutions to reduce waste and meet the reuse and recycling targets in Western Australia's Waste Strategy.
Open to individuals, business and industry, government, schools, community organisations, not-for-profits and media outlets, the categories for the 2020 Infinity Awards include:
- Avoid Recover Protect - Community Waste Award;
- Avoid Recover Protect - Commercial and Industrial Waste Award;
- Avoid Recover Protect - Waste Management Award;
- Avoid Recover Protect - WA Regional Waste Award (new category in 2020);
- 2020 Waste Champion;
- 2020 Young Waste Achiever;
- Waste Team of the Year;
- Waste Innovation of the Year;
- Waste Wise School of the Year; and
- Media Award.
A further two awards - the 2020 WA Waste Award and the 2020 Waste Initiative of the Year - will be awarded at the judges' discretion.
Nominations for the Infinity Awards will close at 5pm on March 10, 2020. Winners will be announced at an awards ceremony on May 6, 2020. Full details, including criteria and entry forms, can be found at http://www.wasteauthority.wa.gov.au/submissions/view/infinity-awards
Comments attributed to Environment Minister Stephen Dawson:
"Across Western Australia we have countless individuals and organisations going the extra mile to achieve a reduction in waste and an increase in resource recovery.
"These individuals and organisations all play an important role in contributing to the McGowan Government's target for at least 75 per cent of waste generated in this State to be reused or recycled by 2030.
"The 2020 Infinity Awards are a celebration of the remarkable work being achieved in waste reduction in Western Australia. This year, we're pleased to introduce a new category to extend the opportunities for regional waste champions to be recognised for their achievements."
Minister's office - 6552 5800