- Retailer commissions on Lotterywest sales to increase by 10.8 per cent from December
- Lotterywest to roll out package of initiatives to boost sales and create long-term retailer sustainability for small businesses
- New initiatives will ensure Lotterywest can continue to support WA community through grants program, which delivered $260 million back to the community in 2017-18
Premier Mark McGowan today announced that retailer commissions on Lotterywest sales will increase by 10.8 per cent from December this year, helping small businesses.
This will increase the total gross commission for retailers from nine per cent to 10 per cent, which is a 10.8 per cent increase overall, ensuring Lotterywest continues to pay the highest retailer commission in Australia.
The increase will form part of a package of initiatives designed to boost sales of Lotterywest products, ensuring long-term retailer sustainability and a strong return for the Western Australian community through Lotterywest grants.
The new initiatives include:
- Opportunities for retailers to benefit from online growth through a proposed 'omnichannel approach' which will share online commission for member purchases with the retailers who sign them up;
- An enhanced membership program and targeted promotions to drive retail sales;
- Digital communication initiatives allowing retailers to have their store details included in communications to local customers;
- A suite of third party support services for retailer businesses funded by Lotterywest including retailer mentoring, sales coaching and player insights;
- Ongoing improvements of outlet locations and how they operate; and
- Improved Lotterywest retailer management and support services.
Comments attributed to Premier Mark McGowan:
"Lotterywest plays an important role in Western Australia, with hundreds of grassroots community organisations benefiting each year through grants.
"The community support provided by Lotterywest is made possible by the small, local businesses and retailers who sell Lotterywest games.
"This will increase the total gross commission for retailers from nine per cent to 10 per cent, ensuring Lotterywest continues to pay the highest retailer commission in Australia.
"I know retailers have done it tough the past few years, which is why I asked Lotterywest to investigate what could be done to boost sales and create long-term sustainability.
"One of the key parts of these reforms will be an increase of 10.8 per cent in commissions on most Lotterywest games for all retailers.
"A package of reforms will be rolled out by Lotterywest and will include more opportunities for retailers to benefit from online growth, an enhanced membership program and better Lotterywest support services.
"These changes will ensure the Western Australian community continues to benefit from Lotterywest and its unique role in providing vital financial support for grassroots organisations."
Premier's office - 6552 5000