- Nominations open today for new government awards
- Work Safety Awards WA and Safety and Health Resources Sector Awards have combined
Nominations are now open for the new and prestigious Work Health and Safety Excellence Awards.
The awards combine the former Work Safety Awards WA and the Safety and Health Resources Sector Awards, and will continue to celebrate and acknowledge safety initiatives across Western Australian workplaces. The categories include:
- Work health and safety invention of the year;
- Best solution to a work health and safety risk;
- Best workplace health and wellbeing initiative;
- Leadership Excellence Award; and
- Safety and Health Representative of the Year.
To ensure all businesses have an equal opportunity to win, there are two awards in each category for small and large businesses.
Nominations close on June 7, 2019. The winners will be announced at an awards ceremony in October.
For more information, visit http://www.dmirs.wa.gov.au/safetyawards
Comments attributed to Mines and Petroleum and Industrial Relations Minister Bill Johnston:
"The Work Health and Safety Excellence Awards will recognise outstanding solutions and innovations in health and safety across all WA workplaces, both large and small.
"The previous awards celebrated achievements across all industry sectors, and the combined awards will continue that tradition and expand the potential for the innovations and solutions to be applied across WA workplaces.
"Workplace safety is very important for the McGowan Government, so I encourage companies and individuals to consider nominating for the awards and taking advantage of the opportunity to have their safety achievements publicly recognised."
Minister's office - 6552 6700