- Government hits the road to support Aboriginal wellbeing and prosperity
- NW Aboriginal Housing Fund roadshow to deliver presentations in Pilbara, Kimberley and Perth
The State Government is inviting Aboriginal organisations, service providers, developers and other community partners to attend presentations on the North-West Aboriginal Housing Fund (NWAHF) in March 2019, ahead of the launch of an expression of interest process in April.
The NWAHF creates pathways towards social and economic independence and wellbeing for Aboriginal people in the Pilbara and Kimberley regions.
By investing in initiatives that increase housing options, the fund facilitates opportunities for Aboriginal people to move beyond social housing and engage in education and employment.
The Department of Communities will hold presentations at the following locations:
- Thursday, March 7: Newman
- Monday, March 11: Karratha and Roebourne
- Tuesday, March 12: Port Hedland
- Thursday, March 14: Perth
- Monday, March 18: Broome
- Tuesday, March 19: Derby and Fitzroy Crossing
- Wednesday, March 20: Halls Creek
- Thursday, March 21: Kununurra
The presentations will supply information on the soon to be launched expression of interest process for 2019 and how they can submit ideas and proposals for consideration.
For more information, visit http://www.communities.wa.gov.au/NWAHF
Comments attributed to Housing Minister Peter Tinley:
"The expression of interest is an exciting opportunity for potential partners to work with us to turn ideas into projects that will help Aboriginal people in the Kimberley and Pilbara.
"The NWAHF clearly shows how the innovative use of housing can build opportunity, prosperity and wellbeing.
"The State Government wants to partner with Aboriginal people to increase housing options in a way that supports their aspirations, responds to local circumstances, and facilitates educational, training and employment outcomes."
Minister's office - 6552 5300