- Six Western Australian companies listed in 2019 Australian Military Sales Catalogue
- WA defence industry capabilities showcased
- The number of WA catalogue entries up from one in 2018
Six Western Australian companies have been listed in the 2019 Australian Military Sales Catalogue.
The catalogue promotes Australian defence industry products and services which are available for international customers to purchase.
Federal Defence Industry Minister Steven Ciobo launched the 2019 Australian Military Sales Catalogue today.
The companies are:
- Austal - based in Henderson;
- Blacktree Technology Pty Ltd - based in Kalamunda;
- Chironix - based in Maylands;
- Sea to Summit - based in Rivervale;
- Hofmann Engineering - based in Bassendean; and
- Matrix Composites and Engineering - based in Henderson.
The diversity of these companies, both in capability and size, also demonstrates the wide range of defence related technology and skills WA has to offer.
The McGowan Government is committed to growing and promoting the State's defence industry, and will continue to work with the Federal Government to increase defence exports.
The recently released
WA Defence and Defence Industries Strategic Plan includes actions to assist local industry in accessing defence business opportunities both at home and overseas.
Comments attributed to Defence Issues Minister Paul Papalia:
"I congratulate these six highly capable WA companies for their inclusion in the 2019 Australian Military Sales Catalogue.
"The Australian Military Sales Catalogue is a great initiative from the Federal Government, supporting Australian industry to grow the nation's defence exports.
"The McGowan Government is committed to growing and promoting the defence industry, and we will seek for more WA companies to be included in future."
Minister's office - 6552 5600