- First tranche of the Collie Futures Small Grants Program delivers a share of $678,000 to eight projects
- Funding will support the development of job-creating, economy-boosting initiatives
- Part of $20 million Collie Futures Fund
The McGowan Government is investing $678,000 in the development of eight Collie projects as part of efforts to further unlock the town's economic potential.
Funding through the first tranche of the Collie Futures Small Grants Program will back projects that support efforts to drive long-term economic growth and stimulate jobs creation.
A trails centre, hay processing plant, and an energy intensive data centre are among the diverse initiatives the funding will help to advance.
There will be further opportunities to apply for funding through the grants program from the $2 million available over four years to support initiatives that will generate employment opportunities, increase productivity, and expand or diversify new or existing Collie-based businesses.
To be kept informed of future rounds, register your interest with the South West Development Commission by phoning 9792 2000 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comments attributed to Regional Development Minister Alannah MacTiernan:
"Collie requires strong support from Government as its economy undergoes a transition.
"What we're doing through this program is standing side by side with business and industry to turn ideas into reality to further strengthen Collie."
Comments attributed to Collie-Preston MLA Mick Murray:
"Creating jobs for local people is a priority. I'm pleased this funding will provide the financial support needed to take these exciting projects to the next level, and contribute to Collie's future through the generation of new opportunities.
"I congratulate the recipients on their initiatives. I look forward to seeing these exciting projects take shape and benefiting locals."
Minister's office - 6552 6200
Initial Collie Futures Small Grants Program recipients:
- DC Two - Modular Behind the Grid Technology Data Centre;
- The Mellegers Family Trust - Trails Centre;
- Planwest (WA) - Collie Distillery Project;
- Global Marketing Technologies - Collie Hay Pressing Plant Feasibility Study and Business Plan;
- Collie Synfuels - Collie Flagship Project - Fuel Cell Vehicle H2 Infrastructure and Distribution Study;
- Collie Synfuels - Collie Flagship Project - Liquid H2 Export Option - Feasibility Study;
- Collie Cycle Club - Collie to Donnybrook and Return Cycling Classic; and
- Keip Filtration - Hydration Hub.