- Six successful winners of $430,000 worth of innovation grants provided through the McGowan Government's $16.7 million New Industries Fund
- Bids focused on creating WA jobs and supporting new industries
Innovation and ICT Minister Dave Kelly has today announced six successful recipients of innovation grants worth $430,000 provided through the McGowan Government's $16.7 million New Industries Fund.
The program allows for government to collaborate with the private sector and leverage their expertise to support innovative job creating projects.
The new program received strong interest culminating in 20 eligible applications being assessed. A total of $430,000 funding has been committed for six applications with projects spanning from between six months to 12 months.
The successful applicants were recommended by an independent evaluation panel comprised of industry experts. Successful bids required a 1:1 co-investment and were judged on criteria that supported WA job creation and economic diversification.
More information about these bids is available on the New Industries WA website:
Comments attributed to Innovation and ICT Minister Dave Kelly:
"The McGowan Government is committed to delivering new initiatives in collaboration with industry to support and create WA jobs.
"The successful applicants' bids have regional, national and global application and will create jobs and diversify the WA economy.
"I congratulate the six successful grant applicants and look forward to hearing of their achievements and developments in the coming year."
Minister's office: 6552 6100
List of successful applicants:
- The Centre for Entrepreneurial Research and Innovation – Expansion of entrepreneurial program to include initiatives such as the Guest Entrepreneur Program.
- CY O'Connor ERADE Village Foundation Inc – Project to directly connect agribusinesses with experts to solve agriculture sector challenges.
- Food, Fibre and Land International Group Pty Ltd – Project to develop a hub for hemp growing and research.
- Curtin University - A project to expand a week-long innovation platform celebrating innovation, investment and entrepreneurship in WA.
- KinChip Systems Pty Ltd - a digital technology that uses an algorithm to deliver personalised support for families of children with health or developmental challenges
- Spacecubed Innovation Ltd – A project to build coding capabilities for regionally based female entrepreneurs.