- Every Club program launches first funding round, offering support to every city and regional club in the State
- Program assists clubs with access to resources, training and networking opportunities
The McGowan Government's new $1 million sport and recreation club support and development program, Every Club, opens to eligible organisations today.
Every Club assists sporting organisations to operate efficiently and effectively through access to resources, training and networking opportunities.
The program expands support to every single country and city sport and recreation club in the State - and follows consultation with 700 clubs, 47 State Sporting Associations and 92 local governments.
Every Club enables organisations to develop tailored plans to support and develop their clubs, with funding able to be used for:
- The training of club workforce, including volunteers and paid staff;
- Promotional costs of club development initiatives;
- Development of locally-specific resources for clubs;
- Delivery of club support workshops; and
- The implementation of club support plans for local areas.
Funding is open to local governments, State Sporting Associations and regional sporting associations.
Applications can be made at http://www.dsr.wa.gov.au/everyclub. Applications open today (April 26) and close on June 8, 2018.
Comments attributed to Sport and Recreation Minister Mick Murray:
"Community clubs are always looking for ways to improve their operations - but they don't always have all the skills or know-how within their organisation.
"Every Club is about providing passionate club administrators and members with the skills they need to improve their club and sport in their local area.
"Whether it is workforce training, assistance with promotion, or any other number of club development skills - Every Club is there to assist members with making their club the best it can be.
"Local sport and recreation clubs and associations are only as strong as the people who generously give their time to make them run smoothly and efficiently. This funding supports that to happen.
"I encourage all sport-focused organisations to investigate how their club can benefit from Every Club support."
Minister's office - 6552 6400