John Bowler

John Bowler

Former Minister for Local Government; Employment Protection; Racing and Gaming; Goldfields-Esperance and Great Southern

    State funding provide community centre for Mukinbudin

    12/08/2005 12:00 AM

    A State Government grant of $93,182 will assist with the construction of the Mukinbudin Community Resource Centre and provide a new home for Telecentre services.

    Local Government and Regional Development Minister John Bowler said the funding had been provided from the Regional Collocation Scheme, a $7.3million State Government commitment to assist with the development of multi-functional outlets in regional communities.

    Mr Bowler said the funding would assist in the construction of a new building, that once completed would accommodate a variety of community services including the Telecentre, Centrelink, Medicare, the community newspaper, a bank agency, a toy library and youth worker.

    “The new building will provide office accommodation for several small fledgling businesses that are currently home-based and significantly improve the accommodation of a number of existing organisations,” the Minister said.

    “The centre will create a community service precinct through its close proximity with the Shire Offices and district high school in Mukinbudin.

    “The service providers in the new building will share access to meeting facilities, the training room, archival storage and office equipment.”

    Mr Bowler said the Gallop Government was keen to support effective delivery of regional services by encouraging Government and non-Government organisations to share the resources from one location. Collocation had the potential to offer costs savings to the groups sharing the building, as well as improving local service provision.

    “It is all about promoting partnerships and building stronger communities,” the Minister said.

    Further information about the Regional Collocation Scheme is available from the Department of Local Government and Regional Development on 9217 1500, Freecall 1800 620 511 (country only) or

    Minister's office: 9213 6500