The Marmion Angling Club and the Pinjarra Golf Club have taken out top honours at the Clubs WA Awards for Excellence gala dinner, held at the Burswood Entertainment Complex Ballroom recently.
The Marmion Angling and Aquatic Club won three awards, including Metropolitan Club of The Year award, and the Pinjarra Golf Club picked up two awards, including Regional Club of the Year.
Racing and Gaming Minister Ljiljanna Ravlich praised the role of clubs in the community and said one in four adult Western Australians belonged to at least one club.
“One of the great things about club organisations is that they are found in almost every suburb, city and town throughout Western Australia and in each of those areas, they serve as important vehicles for communities to bond,” Ms Ravlich said.
“Clubs are a vital part of community life, particularly in country areas where they provide support to local services and community groups.
“They provide opportunities for every one of our community members to interact on a social, sporting, cultural, literary, or religious basis and in many ways, they contribute to our State being a fantastic place in which to live.”
The club movement provides the largest group of volunteers in WA and is the largest group of liquor license holders.
The Minister extended her congratulations to Jayne Colgan from the Pinjarra Golf Club, who won the Employee of the Year award, together with all of the other award winners and finalists.
The full list of winners included:
· AON Risk Services award for Best Financial Management - Subiaco Football Club;
· Racing & Wagering WA award for Best ClubTAB - Fremantle Workers Social & Leisure Club;
· Constellation Wines Australia award for Best Regional Club Event - Kellerberrin & Districts Club;
· APRA award for Best Metropolitan Club Event - Marmion Angling & Aquatic Club;
· The Swan Brewery award for Outstanding Regional Encouragement of Sport - Mandurah Bowling & Recreation Club;
· Hisco award for Outstanding Metropolitan Encouragement of Sport - Royal Perth Yacht Club;
· Foster’s Group award for Best Restaurant/Bistro or Function Facility - Marmion Angling & Aquatic Club;
· Pernod Ricard Australia award for Outstanding Responsible Service of Alcohol - Dalkeith/Nedlands Bowling Club;
· The WA Road Safety Council award for Outstanding Regional Community Service - Mandurah Offshore Fishing & Sailing Club;
· The WA Road Safety Council award for Outstanding Metropolitan Community Service - Mount Lawley Golf Club;
· WRMC award for Employee of the Year - Jayne Colgan - Pinjarra Golf Club;
· Diageo award for Club Legend/Volunteer of the Year - Ted James - Belmont Sport & Recreation Club;
· Burswood Entertainment Complex award for Regional Club of the Year - Pinjarra Golf Club; and
· Burswood Entertainment Complex award for Metropolitan Club of the Year - Marmion Angling & Aquatic Club.
Minister's office - 9213 6800