- Recreational Boating Facilities Scheme calling for funding applications
- Up to $1.5 million available for new or improved WA boating facilities
The Liberal National Government is encouraging recreational boating enthusiasts to improve their boating experience through the Recreational Boating Facilities Scheme.
Visiting boating facilities in Geraldton today, Transport Minister Bill Marmion said the scheme was an ideal opportunity for recreational boaters to identify worthy projects and apply for project funding.
"Boating is extremely popular throughout Western Australia, and the State Government is committed to providing safe and sustainable infrastructure," Mr Marmion said.
"We want to ensure everyone, who uses recreational boating facilities, gets a voice in terms of how new or existing facilities, can be developed or improved for the benefit of all boaters."
The Minister said recreational boat owners needed to discuss project proposals with their local facility manager, as only eligible authorities could apply for grants.
"We are providing up to $1.5 million to make this happen - it's now time for eligible facility managers to engage with users, to identify worthy projects and submit funding applications," he said.
Boating facility managers can apply for up to 75 per cent of the cost of a project, with the maximum grant available set at $750,000.
"State Government agencies and statutory authorities can apply for funds for the planning, construction or upgrade of boat launching ramps, jetties, moorings, breakwaters and new channels directly related to a public recreational boating facility," Mr Marmion said.
"Land-based infrastructure at public boating facilities, such as trailer parking areas, toilets and boating signage, are also eligible.
"This is great news for the recreational boating community of WA."
- Application forms and more information are available at http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/rbfs or by contacting the Department of Transport on 9435 7612
- Applications close on February 7, 2017
- Boat owners make a direct contribution to the Recreational Boating Facilities Scheme, as it is funded from boat registration fees
Minister's office - 6552 6800