- LandCorp releases EOI for new Peel Business Park in Nambeelup
- Peel Business Park part of innovative Transform Peel program
- Made possible by a $49 million investment through Royalties for Regions
The Liberal National Government's Transform Peel initiative, which plans to create more than 33,000 jobs in the Peel region by 2050, has taken a significant step forward today with a call for businesses to open in the upcoming Peel Business Park.
Lands Minister Terry Redman today announced the Government was seeking Expressions of Interest on Lot 600, which included the first 120 hectares of the 1,000 hectare business park.
"We are seeking to attract about 160 businesses from light and general industry, research and development, transport and logistics and agribusiness from both across the nation and overseas," Mr Redman said.
"Once fully developed, Lot 600 is expected to create about 2,000 jobs and inject about $1 billion into the economy per annum."
The Minister said the development of Lot 600 was the first step in the Transform Peel initiative which would create a development area comprising three growth elements: the 1,000 hectare Peel Business Park, 28,000 hectare Peel Food Zone and the Peel Integrated Water Initiative.
"By 2050, Transform Peel will have the capacity to generate a $16 billion economic boost per annum and create 33,000 new jobs, providing employment for generations to come," he said.
"The Peel Business Park is made possible by a $49.3 million investment through the Liberal National Government's Royalties for Regions program and is being delivered in partnership with LandCorp, the Peel Development Commission and Shire of Murray.
"The 1,000 hectare business park in Nambeelup will be an innovative business hub and sustainable industrial zone serviced by water, power, sewer, gas and telecommunications services, and with easy access to highways, rail, airports and ports to reach State, national and international markets."
Mr Redman said Transform Peel was a long-term plan for the future of the Peel region's growth, wellbeing and prosperity.
- Transform Peel will comprise a 1,000ha business park, 28,000ha food zone and an integrated water management system
- The State Government, through the Royalties for Regions $600 million Growing our South initiative, has invested $49.3 million into the first phase of Transform Peel
- For more information, visit http://www.landcorp.com.au/peelbusinesspark or http://peel.wa.gov.au
Minister's office - 6552 6700