- Thousands to visit Government House gardens to sample world cuisines
- World of Food Festival supported by Liberal National Government
Some of the world's most famous traditional and new dishes will be available at this year's World of Food Festival at Government House gardens this Sunday, November 13.
Organised by the Consular Corps of WA, the annual festival features about 30 different cultural food stalls and a program of entertainment from local culturally and linguistically diverse performers.
Citizenship and Multicultural Interests Minister Mike Nahan said the festival was a special opportunity to taste some of the world's signature dishes.
"The food festival features dishes from across the globe and is as diverse and exciting as Western Australia's multicultural community," Dr Nahan said.
"Events such as the World of Food Festival are possible because of the amazing diversity of WA's population.
"The Liberal National Government is proud to support this marvellous family event with sponsorship of $5,000 through the Office of Multicultural Interests' Community Grants Program."
The World of Food Festival continues to grow in size and popularity each year, with more than 10,000 food lovers taking the opportunity to explore the world's cuisines in 2015.
"Over the past six years, the World of Food Festival has evolved into a key cultural event in Perth, with fine international foods and exceptional entertainment," the Minister said.
"I encourage everyone to enjoy this fun-filled day of exceptional food and entertainment, which is a true celebration of the many cultures that make Perth great."
Government House will be open to the public with guided tours between 11.30am and 2.30pm.
- The World of Food Festival, which runs from 11am to 3pm on November 13, is now in its sixth year
- The free event includes international food stalls, cultural dance and song performances, and entertainment and activities for the family
- WA's amazing cultural diversity is right on people's doorstep - check out the OMI calendar at http://www.omi.wa.gov.au/omi_events.cfm
Minister's office - 6552 5700