- 2016 WA Regional Achievement and Community Awards winners announced
- Awards recognise excellence in regional WA
Eleven individuals and organisations from across regional Western Australia were honoured at the 2016 WA Regional Achievement and Community Awards on Friday night.
The presentation gala dinner saw 500 guests from across the State celebrate regional WA's high achievers and community contributors.
Regional Development Minister Terry Redman, who is patron of the annual awards, said the event recognised the excellent work being done in a variety of fields across WA.
"The awards recognise locally driven projects and activities that help ensure regional communities continue to thrive and develop," Mr Redman said.
"It is important to acknowledge those who inspire us with their leadership and dedication, and celebrate the contribution they make to our regional communities."
Advance Packing and Marketing Services Pty Ltd - Fresh Produce Alliance of Manjimup was announced as the Department of Regional Development Overall State Winner.
"Fresh Produce Alliance produces food that is naturally healthy and delicious, using innovative technology to convert otherwise unmarketable produce into marketable products for domestic and export markets," the Minister said.
"I congratulate their innovative work in the South-West, which is making a valuable contribution to the sustainability of our regions and WA's agrifood sector."
Category winners each received a trophy and a $2,000 prize from the Commonwealth Bank.
Minister's office - 6552 6700
2016 Regional Achievement and Community Awards category winners:
- Community TAB Community Service Award - Andre Foulon of Manjimup
- Prime Super Employer Excellence in Aged Care Award - Wattle Hill Care of Bunbury
- Insurance Commission of Western Australia Regional Safety Award - Kimberley RoadWise Committee
- Curtin University Teaching Excellence Award - Jade Warrington of Withers
- Worldwide Printing Solutions Sports Award - Chelsea Randall of Newman
- Prime Super Community Group of the Year Award - Earbus Foundation of Western Australia
- Indago Solutions Agricultural Innovation Award - Advance Packing and Marketing Services Pty Ltd - Fresh Produce Alliance of Manjimup
- Rinehart Development of Northern Regional WA Award - Onslow Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Horizon Power Leadership and Innovation Award - Andrew Outhwaite of Geraldton
- LandCorp Sustainability Award - Wheatbelt Integrity Group of Newdegate
- RAC Volunteering Award - Robert Reekie of Busselton
(L-R) Overall State Winner Wayne and Jennie Franceschi, of Fresh Produce
Alliance and Ralph Addis, director general, Department of Regional Development