- Applications now open for Liberal National Government's 2017-18 Regional Events Scheme
- Up to $850,000 of investment through Tourism WA and Royalties for Regions
- Since 2011, the scheme has supported 320 events, helping regional economies and communities
Organisers of events that bring visitors and vibrancy to regional Western Australia are invited to apply for sponsorship through the Liberal National Government's Regional Events Scheme for 2017-18.
A total funding pool of up to $850,000 is available in the latest round of the scheme, which is jointly funded by Royalties for Regions and Tourism Western Australia.
Premier and Tourism Minister Colin Barnett said events were a key component of the State Government's investment in regional tourism initiatives.
"Tourism is a vital industry for regional WA. In 2015-16, visitors spent $9.6 billion in the State including $4.5 billion in regional areas," Mr Barnett said.
"Events encourage people to explore the regions, bringing huge economic, social and cultural benefits to communities.
"The Regional Events Scheme strengthens WA's exciting, year-round events calendar by helping smaller-scale and developing events to flourish."
Applications are open until 5pm WST on December 13, 2016 for funding between $5,000 and $50,000 towards eligible regional events to be held between July 1, 2017 and June 30, 2018.
Regional Development Minister Terry Redman said Royalties for Regions investment through the Regional Events Scheme had supported 320 events since 2011.
"Improving visitor experiences is key to creating opportunities and jobs for local communities," Mr Redman said.
"Royalties for Regions is investing in opportunities for regional tourism to create a strengthened regional economy and renewed social sustainability for these communities."
- Applications for the 2017-18 round of Regional Events Scheme funding close at 5pm WST on Tuesday December 13, 2016
- For more information, visit http://www.tourism.wa.gov.au/res
Premier's office - 6552 5000