- Top principals urged to apply for leadership program with Harvard University
- Up to 20 Independent Public School principals to join program in 2017-18
Exceptional Western Australian principals have a new opportunity to learn from world-leading education experts at Harvard University.
Education Minister Peter Collier said up to 20 principals would join the Independent Public School Principals' Fellowship Program 2017-18.
"I'm delighted this program is back for another year, so some of our best principals can bring enhanced knowledge and leadership skills back to their schools," Mr Collier said.
The principals will head to Boston in July next year for a specifically designed summer school delivered by pre-eminent international educators and researchers.
"When they return, principals will continue learning with a three-month online course and each will carry out a short-term change project to improve education in their school communities and across public education," the Minister said.
Once principals complete all elements of the program, and subject to the Director General's acceptance, they become Independent Public School Fellows.
Mr Collier said the 2017-18 program would follow the inaugural program in 2016-17 which has 20 principals taking part.
"Principals already in the program tell me that it is a unique experience that has seen them reflect intensely on their leadership and how they can improve their skills," he said.
"In Western Australia, we are developing principals of the highest calibre."
- Applications close on November 4, 2016
- Successful principals will be announced on November 30, 2016
- In 2017, there will be 524 Independent Public Schools across WA
- For more information, visit http://www.education.wa.edu.au
Minister's office - 6552 6300