- Civil works completed for Bunbury Waterfront's Koombana North precinct
- Precinct to deliver a mix of retail, hospitality, commercial and residential
- Part of the Liberal National Government's plan to support economic growth in Bunbury
Bunbury Waterfront's latest precinct, Koombana North, has moved into the next phase with Lands Minister Terry Redman today announcing completion of civil works.
Mr Redman, who was in Bunbury to inspect the project, said with works now completed, Queensland-based developer AustPro could begin construction on its waterfront lots.
AustPro has secured the project's landmark site, Lot 1, with an option on Lot 2, and will build a six-storey mixed-use complex with 14 apartments on the upper levels and an alfresco cafe, retail and office space on the ground floor.
"This is an exciting milestone in the Liberal National Government's ongoing plan to rejuvenate the Bunbury Waterfront," the Minister said.
"The creation of the five Koombana North lots will generate economic growth through private development of residential and commercial properties.
"Investment in the Bunbury Waterfront, both public and private, has been a major contributor to employment through short-term contracts and long-term job opportunities. At Koombana North, civil works generated employment for 120 workers and sub-contractors.
"Koombana North is situated on one of the most unique foreshore sites in Western Australia with views over three bodies of water. Once complete, it will offer an impressive entry statement on Koombana Drive as the northern gateway into Bunbury's CBD."
The remaining three lots will be made available to market at a later date.
"The Bunbury Waterfront area was tired and barren from its previous days as an industrial and fuel storage site," Mr Redman said.
"In less than two decades, the Bunbury waterfront area has become one of the South-West's prime locations and an active community and visitor destination."
- The 12,945sqm Koombana North site comprises five mixed-use lots between four and six storeys high
- Koombana North is the third Bunbury Waterfront precinct to have been developed by LandCorp over the past 16 years
- The State Government's commitment to the redevelopment of the Bunbury Waterfront began 15 years ago with LandCorp's delivery of the Marlston Hill precinct, followed by the Marlston Waterfront precinct
Minister's office - 6552 6700