The Department of Water's Mowanjum Water For Food project and the City of Armadale's Champion Centre have been named among 19 finalists in the Premier's 2016 Excellence in Public Sector Management Awards.
Premier Colin Barnett said there had been a very high standard of nominations.
"There were 37 nominees which together demonstrated just how innovative our public sector agencies are," Mr Barnett said.
The categories are developing the economy; improving Aboriginal outcomes; improving government and reducing red tape; managing the environment; revitalising the regions; strengthening families and communities; and Western Australia in Asia.
The finalists are:
Developing the economy
- LandCorp - Cockburn Commercial Park's successful development in Perth's south-west corridor
- Landgate - New Land Registry: future-ready through innovation
Improving Aboriginal outcomes
- Department of Water - Mowanjum Project
- Metropolitan Redevelopment Authority - Kaart Koort Waarnging - Head, Heart, Talking
Improving government and reducing red tape
- Department of Education - Switch Program: Innovation to meet demand for secondary school teachers
- Department of Finance - Collaboration across government to realise whole of government reform
- Department of Lands - Land asset sales program
- Department of Local Government and Communities - Strengthening local government accountability
Managing the environment
- City of Bayswater - Eric Singleton Bird Sanctuary nutrient-stripping wetland
- Department of Parks and Wildlife - Western Shield
- Department of Water - Urban waterways renewal project
- Rottnest Island Authority - Wadjemup Walk Trail project
Revitalising the regions
- Department of Commerce - Regional mobile communications project
- Department of the Attorney General - Regional courts roll-out
- Department of Training and Workforce Development - New futures: transforming agricultural education and training for the 21st century
Strengthening families and communities
- City of Armadale - Champion Centre Our Way of Working
- Department of Fisheries - WA's shark notification and response framework
- Department of Health - Princess Margaret Hospital: empowering families and communities to help children recover from chronic pain
Western Australia in Asia
- Department of Mines and Petroleum - Strategic engagement with China's resource sector.
The winners will be announced on November 2, 2016.
Premier's office - 6552 5000