- Cottesloe Primary School to receive $1.1 million administration upgrade
- Part of $8.2 million building program to revitalise school administration areas
Staff, parents and students at 119-year-old Cottesloe Primary School are set to benefit from a major upgrade of administration facilities.
Education Minister Peter Collier said while the school had an attractive historic facade, the administration facilities inside the entrance building were no longer suitable.
"The $1.1 million building upgrade will provide staff with a better functioning space in which to carry out their work as the backbone of the school's operations," Mr Collier said.
"This will also result in more functional areas for staff to meet with parents and students."
The upgraded administration area will include a foyer, reception, offices, interview room, medical room, photocopying area, storage spaces, communications room, staff toilets and a universal access toilet.
The Minister said other schools receiving administration upgrades were:
- Dunsborough Primary School: $900,000 - administration building additions and alterations
- Glencoe Primary School: $1.5 million - administration building additions and alterations
- Hillman Primary School: $1.5 million - new administration building
- Koondoola Primary School: $1.5 million - new administration building
- Yanchep District High School: $400,000 - addition to the staff room.
"The Liberal National Government is investing $1.089 billion over the next four years - including $300 million in 2016-17 - to build new schools and improve existing schools,"
Mr Collier said.
- $6.9 million is being invested in administration upgrades at the six schools
- In addition, Cable Beach, Kyilla and Lesmurdie primary schools will have toilet upgrades worth a total of $1.22 million
Minister's office - 6552 6300