- New treatment areas, extra GP consulting room and telehealth
- Purpose-built two-chair dental facility
- Made possible by the Liberal National Government's Royalties for Regions Gascoyne Revitalisation Plan
Residents and visitors to Exmouth Health Service now have access to improved facilities following an $8.1 million upgrade made possible by the Liberal National Government's Royalties for Regions Gascoyne Revitalisation Plan.
The modern, refurbished facility was officially opened yesterday by Health Minister John Day.
Mr Day said the refurbishment created a modern, purpose-built health care hub which would meet the changing needs of the community for many years.
"The new facility has been designed to provide high quality, contemporary health services to Exmouth and surrounding communities and will give residents peace of mind with better access to emergency and primary health care," he said.
"It brings child health services, community mental health and social work together with the emergency department in a single health care hub."
Mr Redman said he was pleased that Royalties for Regions investment was making a significant contribution to the sustainability and efficiency of service delivery for the community.
"Royalties for Regions has invested $150 million over six years to revitalise the region through the Gascoyne Revitalisation Plan," he said.
"The Exmouth Health Service redevelopment is another example of how Royalties for Regions is enhancing the delivery of sustainable services that meet the current and future healthcare demands of our regional communities."
The refurbished facility has new treatment areas, medical imaging equipment, consulting rooms and telehealth facilities, as well as a purpose-built two-chair dental facility.
"Investment in the relevant health infrastructure is vital to the region and as a Government we are fulfilling an election commitment to deliver health care more locally, giving communities greater options for treatment in their own towns," Mr Day said.
- Exmouth Health Service and Carnarvon Health Campus have been redeveloped thanks to an investment of $28.9 million from the State Government's Royalties for Regions' Gascoyne Revitalisation Plan and $6 million from consolidated revenue
- Exmouth Health Service is an integral part of the Government's $7 billion investment in building, expanding and refurbishing hospitals in WA
- The Royalties for Regions Gascoyne Revitalisation Plan is a $150 million investment over six years for major infrastructure and community priority projects to support the Gascoyne communities to achieve sustainable economic and socio-economic growth
Health Minister's office - 6552 6200
Regional Development Minister's office - 6552 6700