Regional Development Minister Terry Redman today opened the nominations for the 2016 Regional Achievement and Community Awards for Western Australia.
"This year marks the 15th anniversary of the awards that encourage and acknowledge the valuable contributions being made by individuals and groups throughout regional Western Australia," Mr Redman said.
"I encourage all individuals, community groups, businesses and organisations making a difference in our regions to submit a nomination in one of the 11 categories this year."
The 2016 award categories are:
- Horizon Power Leadership and Innovation Award
- Rinehart Development of Northern Regional WA Award
- Curtin University Teaching Excellence Award
- Worldwide Printing Solutions Sports Award
- LandCorp Sustainability Award
- Prime Super Community Group of the Year Award
- Insurance Commission of Western Australia Regional Safety Award
- RAC Volunteering Award
- Indago Solutions Agricultural Innovation Award
- Prime Super Employer Excellence in Aged Care Award
- Community TAB Community Service Award.
One of the category winners will also be named as the 2016 Department of Regional Development Overall State Winner.
"The awards recognise locally driven projects and activities that help ensure regional communities continue to thrive and develop," the Minister said.
"It is important to acknowledge those who inspire us with their leadership and dedication, and celebrate the contribution they make to our regional communities."
Minister's office - 6552 6700