- Beazley Medals awarded to students at Perth Modern School and the Western Australian College of Agriculture - Harvey
- Perth Modern School, Rossmoyne Senior High School and St Hilda's Anglican School for Girls had the highest number of award winners
Public school students have taken out the State's top two secondary education awards.
Education Minister Peter Collier said the Beazley Medal: Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE) had been awarded to Hui Min Tay from Perth Modern School and the Beazley Medal: Vocational Educational Training (VET) was won by Megan McSeveney from the Western Australian College of Agriculture - Harvey.
Hui Min achieved the highest School Curriculum and Standards Authority award score.
She won a General Exhibition; a Course Exhibition for Ancient History, Chemistry and Physics; a Certificate of Distinction for Ancient History, Chemistry, Mathematics: Specialist and Physics; and a Certificate of Commendation.
Megan's achievements included completing a Certificate II and III in Agriculture; Certificate II in Production Horticulture; and Certificate II in Wool Handling.
In addition, Megan also showed considerable application of VET in the workplace. The combination of VET, WACE and industry experience provides a strong foundation for employment and further studies.
Mr Collier congratulated both students on winning their prestigious awards.
"Hui Min and Megan have not just done well this year; they have shown a commitment to their education over many years," the Minister said.
"I congratulate all students who have completed their secondary education this year and encourage you to take advantage of the opportunities that come your way."
The schools with the highest number of general exhibition winners were Perth Modern School with nine, St Hilda's Anglican School for Girls with six, and Presbyterian Ladies College and Christ Church Grammar School with three.
The schools with the highest number of award winners were Perth Modern School (79), Rossmoyne Senior High School (41) and St Hilda's Anglican School for Girls (40).
- The Beazley Medal: WACE is based on performance across five courses in Year 12
- The Beazley Medal: VET award is based on performance in vocational education and training and achievement in WACE courses
- For more information, visit http://www.scsa.wa.edu.au
Minister's office - 6552 6300