- New online tool reaches more than 750 users
- Website streamlines water business with suite of online services
Doing water-related business has become easier and faster with the State Government introducing a Water Online portal, significantly reducing processing times as well as supporting paperless transactions.
Water Minister Mia Davies said the Department of Water's new online tool was transforming service to the industry, with more than 750 registered users so far.
To sign up to the portal, go to https://online.water.wa.gov.au
"Water licence applications can now be made online. Over the past few months, we've seen almost half of the new applications done this way, making it easier and less time consuming for both the applicant and the department," Ms Davies said.
Water Online also provides:
- a new service for online land use planning referrals, helping to service the thousands of requests for advice and information by business and government
- a water information reporting portal to reduce wait times for water information requests from months to minutes in some cases.
"Industry, government and water consultants are now taking advantage of having direct access to the department's extensive and growing repository of water information from a network of more than 120,000 monitoring sites across the State," she said.
"Timely access to this information helps users experience a quicker and easier approach to applications and regulation activity."
Finance Minister Bill Marmion said it was important to recognise the achievements that had been made as a result of embracing and integrating technology in government service delivery.
"Initiatives like the Water Online portal are testament to the good work that is being done across government to make it easier for people to save time and money," Mr Marmion said.
- Water Online is a $13.5 million four-year project to modernise the Department of Water's information architecture and access. Visit http://www.water.wa.gov.au
- Read the Government's Red Tape Reduction Report Card here
- Submit your ideas to reduce red tape and #ShredTheRed here
Water Minister's office - 6552 5500
Finance Minister's office - 6552 6800