- Winner of WA's Signature Dish for 2015 crowned in Margaret River today
- Celebration of fresh produce
Foodies around Western Australia are celebrating a new champion after Jerolina Rankin was today crowned WA's Signature Dish winner for 2015.
In Margaret River today for the finale at the Gourmet Escape, Agriculture and Food Minister Ken Baston congratulated the finalists on using the freshest West Australian ingredients to create an award-winning dish.
"WA's Signature Dish is a celebration of WA fresh produce and talented amateur cooks from across the State," Mr Baston said.
The finalists were:
- Rachel Hartshorn, representing the Peel region with a Harvey Beef eye fillet, bush tomato, native thyme and pepperberry with red wine jus
- Matt Cook, showcasing the Swan Valley produce with a lemon-myrtle marron laksa-inspired curry
- Arylene Westlake-Jennings, from the Kimberley with Cone Bay ocean barramundi and green mango and mizuna salad
- Jerolina Rankin, representing the Gascoyne with a seafood broth with Shark Bay wild prawns.
The prize is a two-day mentorship with chef Guillaume Brahimi at Bistro Guillaume and a trip for two to Cable Beach resort in Broome for a wine-and-dine experience. The competition is hosted by the Department of Agriculture and Food as part of the Buy West Eat Best program.
For the first time, a People's Choice award allowed the public to buy the four finale dishes from a pop-up restaurant, presented by chef Peter Manifis, and then vote for their favourite.
The People's Choice winner was the delicious dish created by Rachel Hartshorn.
If you missed out, all of the finalists will recreate their tasty dishes for sale at Farmer Jack's Claremont Quarter on December 5 as part of a food festival celebration.
- The finalists took part in a 60-minute live cook-off on stage and presented their dish for judging to chefs Guillaume Brahimi and Shane Osborn and restaurant critic Matt Preston
- They worked with a mentor chef including Chris Taylor (Fraser's), Peter Manifis (Incontro), Kiren Mainwaring (Co-op Dining) and Jason Hutchen (Redmanna Waterfront Restaurant) to perfect their dishes before the finale
- For details on this year's winning dishes, visit http://www.wasignaturedish.com.au
Minister's office - 6552 5400