- One-stop health care 'hub' for key health services
- New treatment areas and telehealth facilities for greater access to specialists
- Part of State Government's Royalties for Regions Gascoyne Revitalisation Plan
Residents and visitors of Exmouth and surrounding areas now have access to a modern health care hub with the final touches complete on the Exmouth Health Service redevelopment.
Health Minister Kim Hames and Regional Development Minister Terry Redman today announced the completion of the Exmouth Health Service redevelopment, made possible by the State Government's Royalties for Regions Gascoyne Revitalisation Plan.
"Importantly, the refurbished centre includes new telehealth facilities to access consultants and emergency medicine specialists, along with new treatment areas and an extra GP consulting room," Dr Hames said.
"Child health services, community mental health and social work are now located with the emergency department in a single health care hub for the region. Information and communications technology has been upgraded, and there is a modern and purpose-built two-chair dental facility.
"The hospital's new medical imaging equipment is housed in a refurbished, fit-for-purpose room with improved access to the emergency department. In addition, a new triage booth provides greater patient privacy."
Mr Redman said Royalties for Regions investment in relevant health infrastructure and services was vital to the region. The Minister said North West Central MLA Vince Catania had played a pivotal role in helping the project reach its completion.
"Construction was completed in stages to ensure minimal disruption to the community, so people are already able to use the light-filled, architect-designed building," he said.
"Modern amenities and expanded services help attract and retain skilled people to the Gascoyne region, and improved health care facilities affords greater peace of mind."
The new-look Exmouth Health Service also features a public artwork screen that runs the length of the entrance walkway, featuring ocean and birdlife imagery to reflect the local environment and offer a calming, familiar welcome.
- Exmouth Health Service includes an emergency department, six inpatient beds and three residential aged care beds
- $34.9 million State Government investment in upgrades to Exmouth and Carnarvon health facility projects, including $28.9 million in Royalties for Regions funding
- Redevelopment of Carnarvon Health Campus is scheduled to be completed by late 2015
- Gascoyne Revitalisation Plan is a Royalties for Regions investment of $150 million over six years to revitalise the region
- For more information, visit http://getthebiggerpicture.health.wa.gov.au/
Health Minister's office - 6552 5300
Regional Development Minister's office - 6552 6700