- Grants of up to $25,000 for beef producers in northern WA
- Available through the Northern Beef Futures program
Commercial beef producers in the Kimberley and Pilbara are invited to apply for business improvement grants of up to $25,000 for expert advice and mentoring.
The Northern Beef Futures Business Improvement Grants are made possible by the State Government's Royalties for Regions four-year $15 million Northern Beef Futures program.
Agriculture and Food Minister Ken Baston said the funds could help commercial producers in these regions enhance their competitiveness and prospects for growth.
"It's part of a broader strategic approach to transform the State's northern beef industry through improving markets, businesses and productivity," Mr Baston said.
Approved applicants will be reimbursed for up to $25,000 per business. They can engage a consultant to review the current performance of the business and develop a new business plan or update the current business plan.
Producers can then implement the identified strategies, linked to improved management practices and technologies to help the business to meet the domestic and export market specification and demand for West Australian beef and cattle.
Regional Development Minister Terry Redman said the Royalties for Regions investment would contribute towards a sustainable export market to strengthen regional WA's economy.
"Royalties for Regions is equipping agricultural communities to meet the demands of the global food market and benefit future generations," Mr Redman said.
"I encourage eligible beef producers to take up this opportunity and create new prospects for their businesses."
- For more information, visit https://www.agric.wa.gov.au/r4r/northern-beef-futures
- Or contact the Northern Beef Development Centre in Gregory Street, Broome on 9194 1488 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications close on April 1, 2016
- The Northern Beef Futures program is part of the $300 million Royalties for Regions Seizing the Opportunity in Agriculture initiative
Agriculture and Food Minister's office - 6552 5400
Regional Development Minister's office - 6552 6700