- Nominations open for 2016 WA Nursing and Midwifery Excellence Awards
- Awards cover 12 categories
- Nominations close Friday, December 18, 2015
- Award recipients announced Saturday, May 7, 2016
Nominations for the 2016 WA Nursing and Midwifery Excellence Awards are now open.
Health Minister Kim Hames said the awards were open to nurses and midwives working in all sectors of our health system, whether in public, private, non-government, hospital or community settings.
"Our nurses and midwives do amazing and innovative work which is improving the outcomes for patients and improving care in our health system," Dr Hames said.
"These awards also help to raise the profile of the nursing and midwifery professions and to shine a light on the very important role they play in health services across Western Australia."
Colleagues can nominate an outstanding nurse or midwife in 11 categories, while the public can nominate staff for the Consumer Appreciation Award.
Recipients of each award will be announced at a special event on Saturday, May 7, 2016.
The Lifetime Achievement Honour for a nurse or midwife who has made a significant contribution to their profession throughout their career, will also be announced at the event.
Nominations for the 2016 WA Nursing and Midwifery Excellence Awards close on Friday, December 18, 2015.
- The WA Nursing and Midwifery Excellence Awards are open to all nurses and midwives working in WA's public, private, or non-government organisations
- Nominations can be made online at http://www.wanmea.com.au
Minister's office - 6552 5300