- Transperth wins 'City Trains - Most Satisfied Customers' award for fourth year
- Independent survey shows Transperth operates the best trains in the country
- Better than Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane
- Government will invest $2.49 billion over the next four years delivering public transport capital and infrastructure
Western Australia's train passengers have voted Perth's train services as the best in the country - for the fourth year.
Canstar Blue has again named Transperth as the best urban train system in the country.
The respected national consumer research company Canstar Blue has again named Transperth as the best urban train system in the country on the basis of 'City Trains - Most Satisfied Customers'.
Transport Minister Dean Nalder said the results, based on a survey of train passengers from all capital cities, proved that the customer experience in Perth was the best in the nation.
"These results show Transperth is punching well above its weight on a national scale and delivering reliable, clean and safe public transport for West Australians," he said.
Transperth was awarded the maximum five stars in six of the eight categories. On ticket price and safety Transperth also scored four stars out of five.
"This is an excellent result. To put this in context, only one other urban system scored five stars in any category," the Minister said.
Mr Nalder said the State Government was committed to continued investment in public transport.
"We won't rest on our laurels - we continue to invest in more stations such as Aubin Grove, more rail cars, more investment on track and overhead maintenance, and more in major infrastructure projects like the Forrestfield-Airport Link," he said.
"We are also looking at smart transport initiatives such as Wi-Fi on trains and buses to make public transport an even more attractive option."
- Transperth scores five-star maximum in six of eight categories
- Only one further five-star award across the country
- The Government has invested $244m in 22 three-car B-series trains, the first 11 of which are already on the Transperth network
- For more information, visit http://www.canstar.com.au
Minister's office - 6552 6400