- Phase Three construction begins for Exmouth Health Service
- Expanded services for the Gascoyne region
- Made possible by the State Government's Royalties for Regions program
A comprehensive upgrade of ambulatory services and amenities at the Exmouth Health Service is well under way, and is expected to provide modern, well-equipped facilities to meet the growing needs of the State's north-west.
Announcing the start of phase three of the $8.1 million project, Health Minister Kim Hames and Regional Development Minister Terry Redman said the expansion of the Exmouth Health Service was on track for completion by the end of the year.
"The structural steel work, roofing and external cladding are complete, with the internal fit-out now under way.
"Phase Three will extend the existing health service building to include a new outpatient centre that will house dental and child health facilities, community mental health, emergency triage and health service administration.
"Thanks to the efforts of staff and building contractors, the health service has remained fully operational during construction, though some services have been temporarily relocated for safety reasons.
Regional Development Minister Terry Redman said residents in the Exmouth area would enjoy improved primary healthcare, thanks to the State Government's Royalties for Regions Gascoyne Revitalisation Plan.
"Exmouth is the Gascoyne's second largest town and this is a welcome expansion of vital services and infrastructure that supports greater community self-sufficiency," Mr Redman said.
"There's no doubt our work on a tailored plan for the Gascoyne is improving services the area needs, which in turn builds regional sustainability."
The phased Exmouth Health Service modifications have seen the relocation of the ambulance entry to a dedicated vehicle zone with refurbished triage and waiting areas, technology upgrades and the provision of a well-equipped new medical imaging department.
- Health service redevelopments under way in Exmouth and Carnarvon total $34.9 million
- Upgrades are designed to provide healthcare capacity for peak tourism periods
- Gascoyne Revitalisation Plan includes a $150 million regional investment over six years
- For more information, visit http://getthebiggerpicture.health.wa.gov.au
Health Minister's office - 6552 5300
Regional Development Minister's office - 6552 6700