- Nominations open for WA Multicultural Community Service Awards 2013
- Individuals, organisations and businesses eligible
Nominations have opened to recognise Western Australian businesses, organisations and individuals whose achievements have promoted a multicultural State.
Citizenship and Multicultural Interests Minister John Castrilli said the WA Multicultural Community Service Awards 2013 was a great opportunity to acknowledge those who had accomplished excellence and innovation advancing the State’s culturally-diverse society.
“As Australia’s most multicultural State, we should be proud of those who progress community harmony, equity and promotion,” Mr Castrilli said.
“There are so many who work tirelessly to ensure all members of the community, no matter where they come from, have access to services and opportunities and can take part in all aspects of life in our society
“New migrants create long-term benefits for WA and by celebrating these awards we capture the extensive social and economic benefits offered by our cultural diversity,” the Minister said.
The awards, now in their 11th year, have five categories:
- Multicultural Community Service Individual Excellence Awards (up to five awards available)
- Engaging the Community Innovation Award (one award - non-government organisations, State and Federal Government agencies)
- Community Service Excellence Award (one award - not-for-profit organisations)
- Implementing Multiculturalism Locally Award (one award - local government only)
- Commonwealth Bank Business Migrant of the Year Award (one award).
“I encourage all West Australians to nominate a remarkable individual, organisation or business whose achievements have promoted a multicultural society in our State for the
WA Multicultural Community Service Awards 2013,” Mr Castrilli said.
Workshop to assist nominators with applications to be held in November
Nominations close 5pm Monday, December 3, 2012
- Nomination guidelines and forms available at
Minister's office - 6552 6600