- WA Multicultural Community Services Award 2012 open today
- Individuals, organisations and businesses eligible for awards
Citizenship and Multicultural Interests Minister John Castrilli today invited nominations for the 2012 Western Australian Multicultural Community Service Awards.
Mr Castrilli said the awards recognised individuals and organisations dedicated to improving service delivery, removing cultural barriers and promoting the ideals of a multicultural society.
“There are so many people in Western Australia that are worthy of this recognition,” he said.
“The Western Australian Multicultural Community Service Awards allow us to acknowledge and celebrate those who have accomplished outstanding work in advancing multicultural inclusiveness and participation.
“Through their inspiring work, all West Australians are empowered to take part fully in society regardless of the linguistic, religious, racial or ethnic background.”
The awards will be presented in five categories:
- Multicultural Community Service Individual Excellence Awards
- Engaging the Community Innovation Award
- Community Service Excellence Award
- Implementing Multiculturalism Locally Award
- Business Migrant of the Year Award
The Minister said the awards emphasised the shared values of all West Australians and encouraged an inclusive and vibrant multicultural society.
“I encourage people to nominate a remarkable individual, organisation or business whose achievements have promoted our multicultural State,” he said.
- Nomination guidelines and forms available from the Office of Multicultural Interests’ (OMI) website at http://www.omi.wa.gov.au or phone OMI on (08) 6552 1500
• Nominations close 5pm Friday January 6, 2012
Minister's office - 9216 6800